Time to Make It: 30-45 minutes
Yield: About 36 cookies
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups quick oats
2 cups orange slice jelly candies
2 cups shredded coconut
1. Cut the orange slices into small pieces. I like to cut them in half lengthwise and then into 3 or 4 pieces on each half.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugars and shortening until fluffy.
4. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well until combined.
5. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined.
6. Stir in oats, coconut, and orange candy.
7. Roll into one-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.