This recipe first appeared on The Stay At Home Chef on July 24, 2015. We hope you enjoy these updated photos and video!
Stuffed avocados are easily one of my favorite lunches. I make several variations and they are consistently some of the most popular recipes here on The Stay At Home Chef. They are so easy to make, usually pretty healthy, and oh so delicious. You’ll love this easy, healthy lunch!
What kind of chicken should I use?
You can use canned chicken chunks in this recipe for convenience, shredded rotisserie chicken, or chopped leftover chicken. If you want a vegetarian option, feel free to leave the chicken out of this recipe.
My Other Recipes
Why is your balsamic so thick? How can I do that?
If you want a thicker balsamic vinegar you can buy balsamic glazes in squeeze bottles or thicken your own by boiling balsamic vinegar for a few minutes until it reduces and begins to thicken.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in one of these other delicious avocado recipes:
- Healthy Tuna Stuffed Avocado
- Thai Stuffed Avocado
- Chicken Avocado and Rice Enchilada Casserole
- Avocado Shake
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Caprese Stuffed Avocados
- 2 avocados halved and pitted
- 9 ounces chopped chicken
- 5 ounces fresh mini mozzarella balls
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves chiffonade
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon drizzle balsamic vinegar
- Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the "bowl" area. Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
- Add the chicken, mozzarella, tomato, and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- Scoop the mixture into the avocado bowls. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!