Believe me when I say this is the best broccoli I’ve ever had. I’m in love. Even my broccoli hating husband eats it. And my 4 year old? I don’t know what is with him, but despite his picky eating habits he loves broccoli. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that I could make a ton of broccoli and have my family complaining that I didn’t make enough! Seriously, I can’t make broccoli any other way now.
Help your family fall in love with broccoli and make this. Do it! Do it now! I have loved broccoli since I was just a little girl, but it took many failed attempts before I finally found a way to convert my family into broccoli lovers. This recipes requires just a few simple ingredients to really make the broccoli shine. I like to cook mine a little extra so the broccoli is really tender.
Watch the video for a great tip on cutting broccoli into florets and while you are at it you can check out the rest of my YouTube Channel where I have enough video recipes to keep you busy for hours!
- 2 large broccoli heads, cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the broccoli florets onto a baking sheet and toss with the garlic slices. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in an oven at 425 degrees until broccoli is tender crisp (about 15-20 minute).
- Remove from oven and drizzle the lemon juice over the cooked broccoli and sprinkle the lemon zest and Parmesan cheese over it. Serve hot!
This recipe first appeared on The Stay At Home Chef on May 15, 2013