The tangy flavors of Korean BBQ have been sweeping the nation for years now. We absolutely love it. I think I’ve mentioned several times that my dad lived in Korea as a young adult for a couple years so I’ve grown up fascinated by Korea in general. When my husband and I were newlyweds we lived in a Korean restaurant and loved to go to it. We were usually the only non-Koreans in the restaurant and the waitress would question our orders because usually non-Koreans stuck to a limited menu selection. We had to convince her that we really did want to go out on a limb and try some of the more exotic choices. Good times. Well, these drumsticks aren’t exotic by any means. It’s pretty much BBQ chicken with an Asian twist in ingredients, but it is super delicious. These drumsticks are sticky and tasty and a bit spicy and they are just dang good.
1 TB. sesame oil
1 TB. Cornstarch
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup rice vinegar
3/4 cup brown sugar
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
8 chicken drumsticks
Sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the sesame oil and cornstarch.
3. Stir in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes.
4. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce is thick.
5. Spray a 4 sided baking sheet or 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Lay the drumsticks out on the pan and brush with the bbq sauce.
6. Bake in the 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes.
7. Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds