Prep Time: About 10 minutes
Bake Time: 30-40 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
2 lbs chicken tenders
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
3 tsp ancho chili powder, divided
3/4 tsp salt, divided
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 4-sided baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Zest the limes and place the zest in a small mixing bowl. Mix in panko bread crumbs, 1/2 tsp salt, and 2 tsp of chili powder. Toss together.
3. Squeeze the juice of 3 of the limes into the butter.
4. Working one at a time, dip the chicken tenders into the butter mixture, and then into the bread crumb mixture. Ensure that each piece of chicken gets a nice coating of bread crumbs.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 to 40 minutes.
6. While the chicken tenders are baking, make a dipping sauce by combining greek yogurt, juice of 1 remaining lime, 1 tsp chili powder, and 1/4 tsp salt. Stir together until combined.
7. Serve chicken strips hot with dipping sauce.
Tip: I like to finish off my chicken tenders under the broiler for a coupe of minutes just to ensure that the breading gets nice and crispy.