Baked Lemon Garlic Tilapia is the easiest and tastiest way to get healthy fish onto the dinner plate. Cooking fish at home has never been easier!
My family loves eating fish at home. When we lived in California with all the fresh fish options, we would eat fish twice a week or more. Moving away from California the options for fish are a lot less plentiful. Odds are that if you are reading this, you have limited options as well. Quality frozen fish is actually a great option. The trick is to use it as soon as you can after thawing. A lot of the fish you buy from the fish counter at the grocery store is previously frozen and thawed there, so you might as well buy it frozen and thaw it yourself for maximum freshness.
This recipe uses Tilapia, which is an incredibly common and less expensive white fish. It’s a great option to eat fish on a budget. You can use any white fish with this recipe though so feel free to experiment with what is available in your area.
I’ve had a lot of friends and family members who are intimidated by cooking fish at home. No need, it’s incredibly easy! In this recipe I show you how to bake the fish which requires very little hands on effort. I also have a great tutorial for How to Pan Sear Fish that you should check out as well. This works great for more expensive fish filets that require nothing more than salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
Watch the video below for a step by step demonstration as I walk you through the recipe in my own kitchen. I have an entire YouTube Channel where I invite you into my home to cook with me three times a week. There are already hundreds of videos there so feel free to binge watch!
Easy Baked Lemon Garlic Tilapia
- 4 tilapia filets
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Lay tilapia filets into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, melted butter, and garlic. Pour over tilapia. Season with salt and pepper. Tuck lemon slices in (optional).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve hot with additional lemon wedges and garnish with parsley.