Homemade granola is such a simple thing to make. If you haven’t done it, you really should try. It is super easy, the kids can help on it, and it tastes delicious. I love being in control of what goes into my food. This granola recipe focuses on the honey nut flavors. You can use peanut butter or almond butter. I add chocolate chips because it makes it extra fun for the kids, but you really don’t need to. It’s one of my favorite flavor combos and it is super quick and easy to make. It makes for a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Yield: about 6 cups granola
4 cups rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup slivered almonds
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl stir together rolled oats, almonds, and mini chocolate chips.
3. In a microwave safe container, stir together peanut butter, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla until completely combined. Microwave on high 20-30 seconds until mixture is runny.
4. Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir together until there are no loose oats left.
5. Spread oats out on parchment-lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool completely and then store in an airtight container.