Easy Chinese Pepper Steak
Easy Chinese Pepper Steak will quickly become a family stir-fry favorite. This quick take-out fake-out dinner is ready in just 15 minutes!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 pound sirloin steak cut into 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 large green bell peppers cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 large white onion sliced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil divided
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions optional
Slice beef into 1/4 inch strips. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Add in beef broth, sugar, black pepper, ginger, and garlic. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Add in beef and toss until seared, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside.
Add in another 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add in peppers and onions. Cook in the wok until tender crisp, about 3 minutes.
Add meat back into the wok. Add in ginger garlic sauce. Stir and cook about 1 minute.
Garnish with sliced green onions (optional) and serve hot.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 663mg | Potassium: 499mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1100IU | Vitamin C: 82.1mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg