Healthy Detox Vegetable Soup
Whether you are trying to lose weight or just trying to eat a little healthier, this Healthy Detox Vegetable Soup is for you! Whole 30 approved!
Servings: 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion diced
- 3 celery stalks sliced
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 large roma tomatoes diced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and celery and saute for 5 minutes.
Add in the garlic, paprika, ground mustard, basil, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne. Toast for 1-2 minutes.
Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, add in the mustard and soy sauce and stir. Add in the sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
Add in the diced tomato and black beans. Simmer until sweet potatoes are tender (about 5 more minutes).
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 986mg | Potassium: 779mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 16555IU | Vitamin C: 14.8mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2.4mg