Classic No-Fuss Chili
This easy chili recipe is the best! It is full of flavor and satisfying, hearty beans and beef. Perfect for fall and the days when a warm bowl of chili is just what the doctor ordered.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce can) beef broth
- 2 (15 ounce cans) red kidney beans rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce can) diced tomatoes
- 2 (4.5 ounce cans) green chilies
- 2/3 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream for serving
Heat a large pot over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes add in the onion and saute 3-5 minutes until tender. Drain any excess grease.
Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and saute 1 minute more.
Stir in the beef broth, tomatoes, beans, and green chilies.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, covered, 45-60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Remove the lid and stir in the tortilla chips. Let rest for 10 minutes, uncovered, to thicken.
Serve topped with cheese, cilantro, sour cream, and more tortilla chips as desired.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 585mg | Potassium: 531mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1185IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 4mg