Mexican Skillet Steak
Mexican Skillet Steak is an easy dinner idea with spicy marinated steak and a quick pico de gallo. Serve it up by itself or with rice or tortillas.
Prep Time35 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds flank steak 1 cut
Pico de Gallo
- 2 cups diced roma tomatoes or quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1-2 avocados peeled, pitted, and sliced
In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, lime juice, white vinegar, olive oil, jalapeno, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Place the steak into a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the meat. Refrigerate and let marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the pico de gallo by combining tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice in a bowl. Toss together and salt to taste.
Heat a large heavy skillet over high heat. Cook your steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until it reaches medium-rare. Turn off the heat and let steak rest in skillet 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and slice against the grain.
Return the steak to the skillet if desired and scoop in pico de gallo and top with sliced avocado, or serve it all separately.
Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 136mg | Sodium: 416mg | Potassium: 1118mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3.8% | Vitamin C: 41.4% | Calcium: 6.2% | Iron: 21.6%