2 hours 30 mins
– Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. – In a stand mixer, beat together butter, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add in flour and salt and mix until combined. Don't overwork it. Mixture will be crumbly.
– Press the mixture into a 9-inch standard pie plate. Bake for 7 minutes.
– Adjust the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. – In a stand mixer, mix the egg yolks by themselves for 1 minute Add in heavy cream and mix again It should appear fluffy.
– Add in the sweetened condensed milk and mix for 1 minute on medium-high and then add in key-lime juice. Mix for another 30 seconds on a low-medium speed.
– Pour the mixture into the prepared pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes or until filling is set. – Let cool for 1 hour before moving to the fridge to chill completely, about 4 more hours. Top with whipped cream.