– Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in ground meat and break it up. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, oyster sauce, and ginger to the skillet. Continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until meat is cooked through.
– Add cabbage and carrots to the meat. Sauté alongside meat until vegetables soften but are still a bit firm, about 2-3 minutes. Filling should not be soggy. – Once all is cooked, transfer and let cool in the fridge.
– Place a spring roll wrapper on a flat surface. Spoon in about 2 tablespoons of filling into the center of the wrapper. Do not overfill. Using your fingers or a small brush, dab the beaten egg around the edges of the wrapper.
– Fold the bottom of the wrapper up and over filling, then tuck the sides over the filling and roll the rest of the wrapper up tightly, ensuring it is sealed tight. Repeat until all are finished.
– Carefully place spring rolls into 3 inches of 375° F oil, a few at a time, and let fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate or cooking sheet.