Burn your face off with flavor with the ultimate spicy grilled cheese sandwich with jalapenos, sriracha, and pepperjack cheese.
My husband is always asking for spicier and spicier dinners. Once you get the spice bug, you crave it all the time. This year for National Grilled Cheese month I knew I needed to make the ultimate spicy grilled cheese sandwich. Sriracha onions, jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, jalapeno chips, and even a little sriracha butter bring multiple layers of spicy to this sandwich. And it’s not just about burning your face off…it tastes good too! It’s got flavor AND a kick. Just how we like it! I have a special secret in this recipe to hold up to all the toppings: toast both sides of the bread. Trust me on this one! Be sure to scroll all the way down because I’ve also got a roundup of other great grilled cheese sandwiches from some of my other blogging friends.
Check out the video for tips on creating a great grilled cheese.
More Grilled Cheese Recipes from The Stay At Home Chef
The Ultimate Spicy Grilled Cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion sliced
- 3 tablespoons sriracha divided
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 8 slices bread
- 12 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup crumbled jalapeno potato chips
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet, or griddle over medium-high heat. Add in onions and 2 tablespoons sriracha. Saute onions until soften and translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove onions from pan and set aside. (Optional): toast jalapeno slices for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter and remaining 1 tablespoon sriracha. Butter both sides of all 8 pieces of bread. Grill bread on a griddle over medium heat until 1 side of each piece is browned and toasted.
- Assemble the sandwiches with the one toasted side up, on the inside of the sandwich. Assemble with 1 slice of pepper jack, some of the sriracha onions, another slice of pepper jack cheese, jalapeno slices and crumbled jalapeno chips, topped with a final slice of pepper jack cheese. Place the top piece of bread with the toasted side down.
- Grill until the outside pieces of bread are toasted and the cheese is melted, flipping halfway through.