Don’t let the long list of ingredients scare you in this one (most of them are repeats anyway). It’s still totally easy to make. You can find all the ingredients in the Asian section of your supermarket. Seriously, they should all be pretty easy to find. The lemon grass paste is sometimes found in the produce section.
This pork is full of great Thai flavors like coconut milk, red curry, and ginger. It is one of those meals that smells great as it cooks all day and requires very little prep time at all. With a slaw that is packed full of vegetables, it has a fresh light Thai feel, all with the ease of the slow cooker.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Slow Cooker Time: Low, 8 hours
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
My Other Recipes
1 (3 to 4 pound) pork butt roast
1 cup (1/2 can) coconut milk
2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoons lemon grass paste
1 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 lime, juiced
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
1/4 cup shredded or juillienned carrots
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon fish sauce
2 teaspoons honey
24 slider buns, or 12 regular buns
1. Place the pork roast into a 5 quart slow cooker.
2. In a small mixing bowl stir together coconut milk, Thai red curry paste, fish sauce, rice vinegar, lemon grass paste, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and soy sauce. Pour over meat.
3. Cook on low 8 hours. Shred meat and then squeeze in lime juice before serving.
4. Make the slaw by combining the cabbage, cilantro, ,carrots, and green onions in a mixing bowl. Pour lime juice, rice vinegar, and fish sauce over slaw mixture. Drizzle honey over slaw and stir to combine.
5. Serve meat hot on buns topped with a heaping pile of the slaw.
I really hate grating ginger. It’s kind of like running nails over a chalk board to me. Instead, I give mine a rough chop and run it through my garlic press
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!