30 Minute Taco Soup is as ridiculously delicious as it is easy to make! Everything is tossed together in a single pot, for a flavorful soup in just 30 minutes. You’re going to be seriously amazed!
Brrr! It’s cold out there! This soup will warm you to the bone with it’s hearty flavors and warming spices. It comes together so quickly, you’ll have this on the table, ready to gobble up in 30 minutes! Perhaps that’s why this is one of our favorite cold weather meals?
We love that this recipe calls for so many pantry staples you should already have on hand! Make sure you do not skimp on those toppings though. This soup is delicious on its own, but with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese, it is heavenly. Throw some sliced jalapeños on top and give yourself an extra warming boost. Meh, the cold never bothered us anyway.
How long does it take to make taco soup?
Taco soup is ready in somewhere around 30 minutes, and most of that time is hands off cooking on the stove! Once you’ve browned the beef and cooked the onions and garlic, it’s just a matter of mixing the rest of the ingredients together and allowing them to simmer. Talk about a time saver! You can simmer the soup for as little as 15 minutes and as much as 30 minutes which will allow you some flexibility for when dinner will be ready.
What should I serve on the side?
Can I use a packet of taco seasoning?
Taco seasoning is something you can easily make at home which is why we’ve written this recipe with a homemade blend! The great thing about homemade taco seasoning, is that you can customize it to your tastes. Prefer low sodium? No problem! Kids don’t like spice? Just omit the cayenne! If you prefer to use a packet seasoning, a 1-ounce packet is the amount that you’ll need to replace the seasonings listed in this recipe.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious soup recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
30 Minute Taco Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium white or yellow onion chopped (about 1 cup chopped onion)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes undrained
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 7 ounces diced green chilis
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add in ground beef and onion. Cook until beef is browned and onion is softened. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in garlic and cook 60 seconds. Add in taco seasonings (chili powder, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper). Stir and let the seasoning toast for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in chicken and beef broth, diced tomatoes, black beans, pinto beans, corn, and green chilis.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 15 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with any desired toppings.
Suggested Toppings for Serving:
- Sour Cream
- Shredded cheese
- Sliced Jalapenos
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!