Grilled Sweet Potatoes are a sweet, salty, and smoky masterpiece from the grill. It’s a great way to turn sweet potatoes into a summer favorite.
Grilled sweet potatoes are all the rage. I keep seeing them everywhere and decided to experiment with my own. I took one of my favorite flavor combinations for roasted sweet potatoes and turned it into a grilled masterpiece. The result is a sweet, salty, and a bit smoky masterpiece from the grill. It’s a great way to turn sweet potatoes into a summer favorite. No oven, just you and the grill and the great outdoors.
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- 2 to 3 large sweet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1/4 inch discs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- fresh cilantro or parsley
- Heat an outdoor gas grill to a medium heat. Make sure the grate is well oiled.
- In a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine olive oil, salt, black pepper, sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder and toss or shake to combine until all sweet potato discs are well coated.
- Place the discs down on the preheated grill in a single layer. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until charred, flip, and continue cooking until sweet potatoes are softened. Actual cooking time will depend on thickness of your sweet potatoes and temperature of your grill.
- Serve hot topped with some chopped fresh cilantro or parsley.