I’m really excited about this recipe. I love finding healthy dips and spreads. This one is great. It is flavorful, has a bit of heat, and is totally healthy. We spread ours on bread and it was really quite good. The next day I used it is a dip for some vegetables. So yummy!
Spicy Carrot Spread
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Peel the carrots and cut them into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan over high heat. Put the carrots chunks in, cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low, and let steam for 10-15 minutes until the carrots are soft.
- Drain the water from the carrots and place them in a food processor or blender. Add in the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, cayenne, and ginger. Puree until smooth.
- Serve cold as a spread for bread, or a dip. Garnish with chopped cilantro or feta (optional).