1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
2 Italian Sausages (about 2/3 lb), cooked and sliced
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the chicken broth to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low to simmer.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over high heat. Saute the bell pepper for a couple of minutes. Add in the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and saute an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove them from the pan and set them aside for now.
3. In the same skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Saute the onion for a minute or two and then add in the rice. Sprinkle on a little salt for seasoning. Toast the rice in the olive oil for about 3 minutes.
4. Pour in 1/2 cup of the simmering chicken broth at a time to the rice skillet. It should pop and sizzle and the rice will absorb the liquid. Stir, stir, stir. Stirring consistently will help the rice cook evenly. Turn the heat down to medium and keeping adding liquid 1/2 cup at a time. Once the liquid gets absorbed, add more. It should take about 30 minutes to add the entire 6 cups of chicken broth. Add in the peas when you add in the last of the broth to give the peas a chance to thaw and heat through.
5. Once all the liquid has been used, remove from the heat and stir in the bell pepper, mushrooms, the butter, and the parmesan. Taste, and adjust the seasonings (salt and pepper) as desired. Top with slices of cooked Italian Sausage.
My Other Recipes
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!