Time to Make It: <15 minutes
Yield: 4 sandwiches
1 loaf (8 slices) rye bread
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 pound sliced pastrami
4 slices pepperjack cheese
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Butter one side of each of the pieces of bread.
3. In a small mixing bowl, toss shredded cabbage with apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
4. Make sandwiches layered with pastrami and cheese, with buttered sides facing out.
5. Toast the sandwich on the heated skillet, flipping halfway through, until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
6. Remove from skillet , open sandwich, and add in a heaping pile of the cabbage. Serve immediately.