I came across some sashimi grade ahi at my local farmer’s market and just had to indulge myself. Ordering this kind of thing at a restaurant is ridiculously expensive, especially when I consider how totally easy it is to make at home. Seriously, you can make this whole recipe in 15 minutes easy. Then you can spend the next 15 minutes savoring each succulent piece of exquisite tuna goodness.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
1 lime, juiced
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1 filet ahi tuna
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for aioli. Taste and adjust proportions of ingredients for personal preference.
2. Mix together the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Spread out on a plate.
3. Cut your Ahi into 1 to 1 1/2 inch strips.
4. Roll the Ahi in the bread crumb mixture, coating all sides.
5. Heat a heavy skillet to high heat. Add in the olive oil and let it start to sizzle. Put in Ahi, turning about every 30 seconds to sear all 4 sides.
6. Slice the Ahi and serve with the aioli.
An aioli is a sauce that is based in egg yolks, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice. Using mayonnaise is an easy cheat to replace the egg yolks and olive oil. Aiolis go great with seafood, but can be used in a variety of other meats and vegetables. It adds a nice zip to regular old food.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!