Honey Roasted Smashed Potatoes are the best potato side dish. Ever. The sauce is seriously so good, you can’t stop yourself from licking the pan!
This is one of those easy side dishes that will have you scraping the baking pan just to get all of that extra goodness off. Small potatoes are roasted, smashed, and then drowned in a honey, butter filled pool of flavor. It’s so easy to make. Aren’t those always the best side dishes?
We absolutely love these potatoes. They are neutral enough that they can be served with a variety of main dishes, and tasty enough that the serving plate will be licked clean. These babies are even good as leftovers. Make sure you serve them up with all that delicious butter that leaks out onto the pan. It is absolutely heavenly!
What main dishes pair well with smashed potatoes?
Can I use different types of mustard?
Not everyone loves the intense mustard flavor from Dijon. You can always substitute with classic yellow mustard or spicy brown mustard, though we do love the complexity of flavor Dijon brings to this recipe.
What is the best way to reheat leftovers?
The ideal way to reheat smashed potatoes is in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until heated through. You really do want to maintain that crispiness. However, we’ve been known to simply throw one in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. They are so darn good, sometimes we just can’t wait for the oven!
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other amazing side dish recipes:
- Garlic Butter Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Perfect Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Parmesan Fried Zucchini
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Honey Roasted Smashed Potatoes
- 15 small baby red potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Clean the potatoes and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until potatoes can be smashed with a fork. Actual baking time will depend on the size of the potatoes. Larger potatoes take longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter with honey, dijon mustard, salt, and oregano.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Use a fork to smash each potato, as pictured. Pour the butter mixture over the potatoes. Return to the oven and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, giving it a little time to melt and slightly caramelize into the potato.
- Serve hot with juices.