How do I steam vegetables?
How do I snap and trim fresh green beans?
Fresh green beans need to be rinsed and then the ends need to be trimmed. You can use your hands to snap off the very end of each side, or use a knife to trim. Long green beans may need to be snapped in half for easier eating.
If you like this recipe, you may also be interested in these other side dish recipes:
- The Best Roasted Broccoli Ever
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Carrots
- Old Fashioned Green Bean Casserole
- Creamiest Mashed Potatoes
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
The Best Green Beans Ever
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Steam the green beans until tender.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in butter and steamed green beans. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!