If you haven’t made french toast using challah bread then you have been missing out in life. I grew up eating french toast made from regular old sliced bread and thought it was fine. Hi mom! But then I grew up and had french toast made out of challah bread and I was blown away. Suddenly french toast wasn’t just fine, it was amazing! And then I discovered how easy it was to make a ton of it at once and freeze it so I can just pop a couple pieces in the toaster or even microwave them in the morning and have gourmet french toast on the busiest of mornings. You will make this and wonder where it has been all your life. Even my husband, who was convinced that he didn’t even like french toast, gobbles this stuff up and looks forward to eating it day after day. Give it a try, you’ll be hooked!
Freezable French Toast Using Challah Bread
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 eggs
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Challah loaves sliced thick
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown.
Now that you've made your French Toast, let the slices cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Lay them in a single layer on a baking tray lined with wax paper. Freeze for a few hours and transfer them to a freezer quality bag.
Reheat the French Toast by microwaving for 30-60 seconds (watch it carefully) or put it in a toaster.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!