This is one of those breakfasts that makes my insides just melt with pleasure. I’m an absolute sucker for mushrooms so a breakfast that includes a healthy dose of mushrooms is just what I love. Add in the fennel and I’m drooling. This feels like such an elevated, gourmet breakfast, yet it is a cinch to make. So simple you could totally bust these out on a weekday. Talk about starting the day out right!
4 English Muffins, toasted
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 fennel bulb, chopped
1 8 oz package mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons cream
Salt and Pepper
My Other Recipes
1. Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
2. Saute fennel and mushrooms until fennel is tender crisp, and mushrooms are nicely seared and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the cream and cook for about another minute. Set aside.
3. Toast the english muffins
4. Cook eggs sunny side up (see lesson below).
5. Plate by spooning fennel/mushroom mixture over the toasted muffin. Top with a sunny side egg. Sprinkle some fennel leaves over the top and season with salt and pepper.
Sunny side up eggs can seem a bit intimidating to make, but really they are so easy. You’ve got to cook the egg whites without getting a rubbery bottom. The trick is a combination of low heat, and steam. With these simple steps, sunny side up eggs are a breeze and now you can produce those pretty little things and impress anyone at your breakfast table.
How to cook a sunny side up egg the easy way:
1. Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add in a tablespoon of butter and melt it, enough to coat the bottom of the pan.
2. Crack open your eggs into the heated pan.
3. Cover your pan with a lid or aluminum foil. Reduce heat to medium low.
4. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until your whites are completely set.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!