Oh my goodness. Are you ready for a rich and decadent dessert? What if I told you that it was also gluten free? Ya, I know, you hear gluten free dessert and think it isn’t going to taste good, but you are totally wrong. I served this with a little homemade strawberry syrup and it was absolutely amazing. And yes, it is just as moist as it looks. It is super easy to make. In fact, I threw it together while I was making lunch for my kids.
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
4 tablespoons milk
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
My Other Recipes
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Once it is completely melted whisk in the milk and remove from heat.
2. Whisk in the cocoa powder to form a chocolatey paste.
3. Crack the eggs in one at a time, whisking until well incorporated.
4. Whisk in the sugar until it becomes smooth and glossy. Add in the vanilla and salt and stir until combined.
5. Spray a glass bread loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the chocolate batter into the pan and cook for 28-30 minutes at 325 degrees.
Adapted from Scientifically Sweet
So now you want to know what a terrine is, huh?
A terrine is usually made out of meat, fish, or vegetables that have been cooked and then allowed to cool in a mold so that it holds a shape. It can actually get pretty complicated. Ever heard of foie gras? It’s a really expensive gourmet french dish made out of duck liver that has been prepared in such a way that it forms a terrine.
The above recipe is a chocolate terrine. Basically, you are making a flourless chocolate cake and forming it into a mold so you can put it on display all fancy like. You could always do it in a pie tin for a round shape which could make for a beautiful display.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!