My husband is a big cauliflower lover. Seriously, he can’t get enough of the stuff. He’ll eat it raw or cooked. Since we eat a lot of new dishes around here (hello, I’m a food blogger!) I’m always trying out new cauliflower dishes. This one in particular is a family favorite. It is creamy and zesty and cheesey and cauli-riffic! Even though I say this recipe serves 4 to 6, I will admit that my husband and I ate the entire thing ourselves. He ate 2/3rds and I ate the rest. I told you he loves cauliflower! But for normal people? 4 to 6.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Roasting Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
1 head cauliflower
2 TB. olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
zest of 1 lemon
2 TB. chopped chives or parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut the cauliflower into florets and lay them out in a single layer on a 4-sided baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze the lemon juice over the cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle garlic over.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and pour heavy cream over cauliflower. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and lemon zest. Return to oven and roast 5 minutes more.
5. Remove from oven and serve hot. Garnish with chopped chives or chopped parsley (optional).