In our house we love a good wrap. We’ve been enjoying some summer picnics lately and the wrap lends itself perfectly to the outdoors. This wrap in particular really hit the spot for me. The spicy heat of the shrimp combined with the creamy flavors of avocado screamed summer. It is light, healthy, and full of flavor. I like to wrap mine in foil for on the go enjoyment. In this particular recipe I used pre-cooked shrimp. While I usually cook everything from scratch myself, the precooked shrimp makes for a really easy, fool proof meal. If you wanted to purchase raw shrimp you would need to peel them, and saute them in a skillet for a few minutes until they turn pink.
Watch the video and check out everything you need to know to make this wrap. Be warned that it’ll make you hungry. While you are at it you can also hang around my YouTube Channel where you can find more than 150 restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home….in video form!
Cilantro-Lime Shrimp and Avocado Wrap
Spicy Cilantro-Lime Shrimp and Avocado Wrap
- 2 pounds peeled cooked shrimp, tails removed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 Serrano pepper finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large avocados peeled, pitted, and diced
- 4 cups spinach
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked shrimp, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, serrano, salt, and red pepper flakes. Let it marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Compile the wraps by dividing the shrimp evenly among the 4 tortilla wraps. Top with 1/2 an avocado (diced) on each wrap, and about 1 cup of spinach. Roll up and enjoy!
My Other Recipes
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!