Chicken breasts stuffed with mushrooms and cheese and rubbed with a special mixture of herbs.
This chicken requires just 10 minutes of prep time and the result is something spectacularly delicious. The secret is in the blend of spices. Fennel and caraway offer a unique twist to your typical herb blend. Everyone loves this easy dinner. Impress guests or just serve it up on a weeknight. I made this for Sunday family dinner, and everyone went crazy for it. The funny part is, I had forgotten that we were hosting dinner so I just put together something with what I had from the fridge. My best work happens under pressure I guess! This is a chicken dish people will rave over!
Be sure to check out the video where I walk you through every step in this recipe.
STUFFED HERBED CHICKEN BREASTS
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Use a meat tenderizer to pound out the chicken breasts until about ¼-inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- Place a pinch of cheese in the center of each chicken breast. Top with sliced mushrooms. Finish off with another pinch of cheese.
- Carefully roll up the chicken so mushrooms are completely inside. Secure the edges with toothpicks. Place in the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together basil, oregano, paprika, caraway, fennel, white pepper, and onion powder. Sprinkle generously over each chicken breast. Place a tablespoon of butter on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 30-40 minutes.