Chicken, vegetables, and cheddar cheese are stuffed into this savory crepe recipe. In this savory crepe recipe I show you not only how to make crepes the easiest way, but also give you a delicious recipe for cheesey chicken crepes, one of our family’s favorite recipes. Make perfect crepes in the blender and eat them up in this tasty dinner recipe idea.
I first made this recipe as part of a cooking course I took in college. It has changed over the years, but is nostalgic to me. I’ve included a video demonstration so you can see how to make the crepes. If you’ve never done this before, the video will be helpful in seeing what exactly you need to do.
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Make crepe batter by placing eggs, salt, flour, and milk in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan. Pour a little of the crepe batter in the pan and swirl it around to cover the bottom of the pan. Let cook about 1 minute, until surface loses its shine. Flip carefully. (see video for demonstration). Repeat until all batter has been used.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- Make the filling by combining the sour cream, mushrooms, olives, green onion, celery, chicken, and half the cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl. Place a heaping spoonful in the center of each crepe. Fold ends and sides over and place in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes at 325°. Remove from oven and sprinkle on 1 cup grated cheese.