Juicy thick cut pork chops are simple to prepare and the result can rival any traditional beef steak. Learn how to make the perfect thick cut pork chops with this simple method.
Juicy thick cut pork chops are simple to prepare and the result can rival any traditional beef steak. I’m not even kidding! And they are way cheaper to buy too. I call them my secret weapon when it comes to feeding a crowd on a special occasion.
Making a perfect pork chop is completely easy. If you haven’t had a thick cut pork chop before, well, prepare to fall in love with pork chops. Those thin, flimsy chops you see all over the grocery store dry out easily and lack the complete flavor pork chops have to offer.
You can buy a thick cut chop at almost any grocery, but you’ll probably have to ask for it. Just head on over to the meat counter and ask for a 1 1/2 to 2 inch thick cut pork chop. If you’ve got a good butcher, they will probably smile at your request. Keeping the bone-in helps retain both flavor and moisture, and cutting it thick practically ensures a juicy result.
Have a smoker? I also have a post detailing How to Smoke A Thick Cut Pork Chop that you should check out. Smokers are an amazing way to cook almost any meat. If you don’t already have a smoker, you should seriously consider getting one.
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of this recipe. Once you cook a thick cut pork chop you’ll find yourself craving them all the time!
How to Make a Perfect Thick Cut Pork Chop
Perfect Thick Cut Pork Chops
Time to Make It
Juicy thick cut pork chops are simple to prepare and the result can rival any traditional steak.
Author: Rachel Farnsworth
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- olive oil
- Rub about a tablespoon of olive oil over each of your pork chops. Season all sides generously with salt. Pork needs a heavy amount of salt to bring out the flavor. Salt with a heavy hand when it comes to a thick pork chop. Season lightly with freshly ground pepper as well.
- Heat an oven-safe heavy skillet over high heat. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
- Sear the pork chops for 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer skillet immediately to the oven and cook until the internal temperature of the chop reaches 145 degrees, about 15 minutes.
- Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.