Balsamic and herb glazed chicken, stuffed with artichoke, bell pepper, and fennel. This Italian Stuffed Chicken will tickle your taste buds!
I love making stuffed chicken. It’s always a hit at the dinner table to have a perfectly cooked chicken breasts stuffed with all sorts of tasty goodness. In this particular version of stuffed chicken, I decided to utilize fennel, a super healthy and underutilized vegetable. Fennel is incredibly flavorful and brings a level of sophistication to this simple dish. Add in some roasted red bell pepper, artichoke, and cheese and you have a killer filling. It’s topped off with a balsamic and garlic glaze.
Are you worried that’s it hard to stuff chicken? Watch the video where I show you how to make it, just like a cooking show! In fact, I’ve given myself my own cooking show on YouTube. You should check it out and subscribe. There’s more than 100 episodes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 head fennel, roughly chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup chopped roasted bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter and saute chopped fennel for about 5 minutes to soften.
- While the fennel is cooking, pound of your chicken breasts until they are ¼-inch to ½-inch thick.
- In a mixing bowl, combine fennel with bell pepper and artichoke hearts.
- Spoon the fennel mixture into the center of each chicken breast. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Fold chicken over and secure with toothpicks so that the filling is trapped inside. Place stuffed chicken breasts into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, and crushed garlic. Pour over chicken breasts.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.