Making a juicy turkey burger is easy. It just takes a few secrets to get the perfect juicy grilled turkey burger.
Whether you are trying to avoid red meat, or you simply want a lighter option at your backyard barbecue, turkey burgers are a great option. Turkey is a super lean meat so it can easily dry out. Adding a healthy fat to the meat is the key to keeping your burger nice and juicy. You can use olive oil, as listed, or try another healthy fat like avocado oil. Alternatively, you can saute half a chopped onion and mix that in with the meat. The onion will help keep the burger moist. If you want a cheeseburger, it helps to mix the cheese directly in with the meat. Just make sure it’s finely shredded cheese and mix it right in.
Watch the video for tips and tricks to making the perfect juicy grilled turkey burger.
How to Make a Juicy Grilled Turkey Burger
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a mixing bowl, gently knead together turkey, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Don't overwork the meat.
- Form into patties about ¼ to ½ inch thick. Press your thumb down on the middle to give it a slight indent.
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium high heat (350-425 degrees F). Make sure the grate is well oiled so the meat doesn't stick.
- Cook on the heated grill until burgers reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees, flipping one half-way through.
- Let rest 5 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.