We’ve been having a lot of fun with our new
Blendtec. School starts in less than a week for us! Yikes! We decided to spend one of our last summer afternoons in the kitchen making a lunchbox treat for the kids. These fruit and vegetable snacks are right up our alley. Now, they are much more like really thick jello pieces than your run-of-the-mill boxed fruit snack, but then again, these things are actually made out of real fruit and vegetables so of course they’ll be a bit different. My kids love them and they are so much fun.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Refrigerate Time: 2+ hours
Yield: (1) 13×18-inch baker’s half sheet pan = lots and lots of fruit snacks
1/2 cup juice (orange or other kind of citrus)
4 cups spinach leaves
3 cups berries
1/4 to 1/2 cup agave syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 packets unflavored gelatin
1. Pour juice into
Blendtec or other high power blender. Add in spinach leaves. Blend until smooth.
2. Add in berries. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour berry mixture into a saucepan. Pour in agave, vanilla, and gelatin packets.
4. Heat over a medium-high flame until gelatin is completely dissolved (3 to 5 minutes).
5. Line a baker’s half sheet pan with parchment paper. Pour fruit mixture onto pan.
6. Let cool and refrigerate 2 hours until set. Cut and serve.
7. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.