These easy to put together Green Chile Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas are a classic American family favorite. This version is quick to put together using fresh ingredients.
I grew up eating Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas. They were a family staple and everyone loved them. Over the years I’ve developed my own recipe for them. A little of this, a little of that, and using as many fresh, whole ingredients as possible. The result is an easy to make enchilada dish that’s sure to win over the table as a family favorite.
Leftover chicken is a great option to use in this recipe. You can also use a rotisserie chicken. If you don’t have any baked chicken on hand, you can cook some up. Simply season with salt and pepper and cook in a skillet, or boil them in a pot of chicken broth.
Watch the video where I show you exactly how I make these tasty enchiladas. You can also check out my YouTube Channel where I have more than 150 restaurant quality video recipes you can easily make at home. With so many to choose from, there’s sure to be something you love.
Green Chile Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces canned green chiles
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chile powder
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro.
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces chile verde
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with a hand mixer until it's light and fluffy, about 30-60 seconds.
- Add in green chiles, lime juice, salt, cumin, chile powder, and cilantro. Stir together. Fold in cooked chicken.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together sour cream and chile verde until combined.
- Place a large spoonful of the chile verde sauce into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Assemble enchiladas by placing a big scoop if the chicken filling onto the center of a tortilla. Roll up the tortilla, tucking in the ends as you go. Lay it in the prepared 9x13 pan. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Pour the remainder of the chile verde sauce over the top of the assembled enchiladas.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the enchiladas.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.