All the flavors of garlic bread you love in an easy roasted potato dish. I call them Garlic Bread Roasted Potatoes. Easy and delicious!
Now, we actually don’t eat potatoes very often in our house. My parents live in Idaho (land of the potato) so it seems a bit ironic that we don’t eat them very often. My kids are often hesitant to eat them so I came up with this recipe because I knew it would be something they’d love. All I had to tell them was that it tastes just like garlic bread. Genius!
These potatoes are full of buttery, garlicky goodness. Mmmmm, roasted garlic bread on a spud. My Idaho parents will be proud!
Watch the video to see just how I make this garlic buttery potato side dish. You can also check out the rest of my YouTube Channel where you can find more than 150 restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home. Join me there and subscribe!
Garlic Bread Roasted Potatoes
- 8 medium-sized potatoes (yukon gold and red work well)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub the potatoes clean and cut them into bite-sized chunks.
- Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a garlic butter compound by combining the butter, garlic cloves, basil, and oregano in a food processor until everything is pureed and a bit whipped.
- After 30 minutes of roasting, remove the potatoes from the oven and top with the butter compound. Stir so that they all get coated. Put them back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Check on them and if they are done, top them with the parmesan cheese and put them back in the oven for another 5 minutes to let the cheese melt a bit. Your actual cooking time will depend on your potato variety and how big of pieces you cut them into. Serve hot.
This recipe first appeared on The Stay At Home Chef on August 22, 2013