Fiesta Lime Chicken is like a party in your mouth. So flavorful and cheesy, this is a chicken dish to remember!
I am all about mouthfuls of flavor. In our house, we love spicy. We love flavor. And, of course, who doesn’t love cheese? This dish has it all. It’s all dressed up and ready to party. That fresh pico de gallo on top not only makes it look pretty, it also adds a done of fresh flavor. This chicken is perfect for warm weather.
In this recipe I have you cooking in a skillet it on the stove, but his chicken recipe can easily be made outdoors on the grill. Just toss it on a well oiled grill over medium high heat, close the lid, and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes per side (depending on thickness). Then sauce it up, smother it in cheese, turn off the heat, close the lid and let that cheese get all melty.
Watch the video where I share more tips and tricks and walk you through every step of this recipe. I have an entire YouTube Channel where I have hundreds of restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home. Be sure to check it out!
Fiesta Lime Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 roma tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt, to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together teriyaki sauce, garlic, lime juice worcestershire sauce, salt and ginger. Place chicken into a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over chicken and marinate 1 to 2 hours.
- In another small mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, cajun seasoning, and hot sauce. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- In a third bowl, combine tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime juice. Toss together and season with salt, to taste.
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Spread sour cream sauce on chicken and top with shredded cheese. Let cook until cheese melts.
- Remove and serve hot, topped with pico de gallo.