My mom gave me a Yonanas machine for my birthday last year. I was a bit skeptical. I eat bananas, but I don’t like banana flavored anything, especially ice cream. Well, let me tell you what my friends, bananas can make one heck of a faux ice cream. Mixing in a little peanut butter and cocoa powder is my favorite. It’s the consistency of frozen yogurt, without any of the dairy. Awesome, huh? It’s….healthy! Ahhhh! You really can have your ice cream and eat it too! I’ve been doing this for a year now and people are always asking for the recipe. I suppose it is time to share!
2 bananas, peeled and frozen
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1. Cut the bananas into chunks and put them in a food processor, or heavy duty blender (or a Yonanas machine). Blend until smooth.
2. Add in the desired flavor (in this case peanut butter and cocoa powder), and blend until everything is incorporated and smooth.
Other flavor ideas that we like:
- Strawberries (just blend a handful in with the bananas)
- Coconut and Chocolate (2 tablespoons coconut milk or coconut oil +1 tablespoon cocoa powder)
- PB Banana (just add 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- PB and Jelly (1 tablespoon peanut butter + 1 tablespoon strawberry jelly)
The possibilities are endless! What’s your favorite?