4 tablespoons olive oil
1 large white onion, diced
3 celery stalks, sliced
2 pounds sweet potatos, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp basil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 1/2 T soy sauce
1 bay leaf
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and celery and saute for 5 minutes.
2. Add in the garlic, paprika, ground mustard, basil, salt, cinnamon, and cayenne. Toast for 1-2 minutes.
3. Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, add in the mustard and soy sauce and stir. Add in the sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add in the bay leaf. Simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
5. Add in the diced tomato and black beans. Simmer until sweet potatoes are tender (about 5 more minutes).
6. Serve hot.