I’m always making variations on chicken nuggets and chicken strips. I can always count on my family absolutely devouring them. This is one of the variations that is my 6 year old son’s favorite. Not only does he love the chicken, but he loves the dipping sauce. This pretty much blows me away because no matter what kind of chicken nugget or strip I make, his preferred sauce is honey mustard. Not with this one. He loves the curry dipping sauce, and so do I! This is a great dish that you can throw together at the last minute, yet it still has great flavor to it. Isn’t that the beauty of curry? Lots of flavor without a ton of work.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
1 1/2 to 2 lbs chicken tenders, trimmed of fat
1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs
3 tsp yellow curry powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup greek yogurt (can substitute sour cream)
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp yellow curry powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, curry powder, and salt.
3. Working one at a time, dip chicken tenders into melted butter and let any excess drip off back into the bowl. Place the chicken tender into the bread crumb mixture to coat on all sides. Place on prepared baking sheet, leaving a small amount of space between each strip.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, make dipping sauce by stirring together greek yogurt, lemon juice, 1 tsp curry powder, and 1/4 tsp salt in a small mixing bowl.
6. Serve chicken strips hot with cold dipping sauce.