My husband is a big cauliflower lover. Seriously, he can’t get enough of the stuff. He’ll eat it raw or cooked. Since we eat a lot of new dishes around here (hello, I’m a food blogger!) I’m always trying out new cauliflower dishes. This one in particular is a family favorite. It is creamy and zesty and cheesey and cauli-riffic! Even though I say this recipe serves 4 to 6, I will admit that my husband and I ate the entire thing ourselves. He ate 2/3rds and I ate the rest. I told you he loves cauliflower! But for normal people? 4 to 6.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Roasting Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
1 head cauliflower
2 TB. olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
zest of 1 lemon
2 TB. chopped chives or parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut the cauliflower into florets and lay them out in a single layer on a 4-sided baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze the lemon juice over the cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle garlic over. .
3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and pour heavy cream over cauliflower. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and lemon zest. Return to oven and roast 5 minutes more.
5. Remove from oven and serve hot. Garnish with chopped chives or chopped parsley (optional).