Now, I know what you are thinking. Um, who needs a recipe for a milk shake? I’m here to tell you that you might need one if you want to add a little pizzazz. This shake is seriously delicious. I was so in love with my peanut butter cupcake filling that I decided I needed to find a way to put it in a milkshake. This utilizes hot fudge sauce and that decadent peanut butter sauce to swirl throughout a vanilla milk shake. It basically creates pockets of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and it is pretty incredibly tasty. You can keep the homemade sauces around for a couple of days which is a good thing because you are going to want to have a second one (and a third and a fourth).
Are you a visual learner? Then go ahead and WATCH the recipe!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Milkshake
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce
- 4 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to garnish (optional)
- Make your Hot Fudge Sauce (if using homemade) and Peanut Butter Sauce. Combine the melted butter with the creamy peanut butter and ½ cup powdered sugar. Use a hand mixer to mix until smooth
- Scoop ice cream into a blender. I fill my blender up ¾ full with vanilla ice cream and it makes about 4 tall shakes. Add in milk halfway up the ice cream. Blend until smooth. You may need to add a little more milk if it is too thick.
- Scoop a spoonful each of the hot fudge sauce and peanut butter sauce into each cup. Fill the cup halfway with the vanilla shake, then spoon another helping each of the hot fudge and peanut butter sauce. Fill the cup to the top and top with drizzles of the sauces. Use a long stick (chop stick, butter knife, etc) to swirl the sauces immediately. The sauces will thicken as the ice cream cools them off, but will remain soft enough that you don't end up with hard bites in your shake.
- (Optional) place a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup on the top of each shake.