Drink your milk and cookies straight from a Chocolate Chip Cookie Shot glass! This fun dessert makes for a great party food. So much fun!
How fun is this? When I saw the idea to make chocolate chip cookie shot glasses, I knew I’d be trying it. Serving these at my little sisters ultra decadent “Love is Sweet” bridal shower was absolutely perfect. These cookie cups are ultra rich, and so fun to eat. You can have your milk and cookies and eat it too! All at once!
You’ll need a popover pan to make this recipe work. I actually bought one just so I could make these. Now, admittedly, these are larger than shot glasses, but the actual cup part where the milk goes is true to a shot size so the name sticks. You have to give these a try. Your kids, guests, or whoever will love them. I can’t imagine someone not having fun with these treats!
Fill these with milk or the beverage of your choice.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Shots
Chocolate Chip Cookie Shots
Time to Make It
Author: Rachel Farnsworth
Yield: 9 cups
- 1 cup all vegetable shortening
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a nonstick
- popover pan
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together shortening, brown sugar, and sugar until mixture is fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and salt and mix until smooth.
- Use a large spoon to stir in flour. Mixture will be really crumbly, but should hold together when pressed. Stir in 1 cup mini chocolate chips until combined.
- Scoop mixture into popover pan and press to the bottom and sides, making sure to leave a hole in the middle for the milk to go later. You only need the sides and bottom to be about ¼ inch thick. It's hard to get it much thinner.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until cookies get a golden brown kiss.
- Carefully remove the cookies from the popover pan. This can be done by placing a large cutting board or pan over the popover sheet and flipping it over. Gently tap the bottoms of the popover cups to loosen. Let cool completely.
- Carefully melt the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl by microwaving for 15 seconds at a time, removing and stirring, until chocolate is melted.
- Coat the holes in the cookie cups with the chocolate. Drizzle some in and swirl, or if your chocolate is on the thicker side just give it a good smearing.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Serve by filling the "cups" with milk and enjoy!
Did you know you can make your own brown sugar? 2 ingredients and 2 minutes is all it takes!
Recipe Adapted from Yumsugar
Other Recipes From Dessert Week:
|Homemade Mexican Churros with Video Recipe|
|Baked Chocolate Donuts with Mint Chocolate Frosting|
|Quick and Easy Nutella Mousse|
Join me on instagram for additional great content!