Cheddar Stuffed Sriracha Pretzel Bites are one of the best appetizers ever. It’s hard to beat gooey melted cheddar inside a soft and chewy sriracha-flavored pretzel.
Seriously, can you really beat gooey melted cheddar inside a soft and chewy sriracha-flavored pretzel? I think not! This is one of my favorite appetizers ever!
This is the kind of recipe that you fall in love with instantly and want to immediately share with all of your spicy-loving friends and family. You get the chewy pretzel bread, the gooey cheese inside, and the spicy sriracha in the dough itself as well as coating the outside. Win, win, win! This is the perfect party food. And let me tell you, if you are throwing parties with this kind of food, everyone is going to want to be invited. You’ve been warned!
Cheddar Stuffed Sriracha Pretzel Bites
- 1¾ cups water, luke-warm
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons sriracha sauce, divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 3 oz cheddar cheese, ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the water, yeast, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce, and flour. Using a dough hook, mix on low until the flour begins to combine. Increase the speed to medium and knead until a dough ball forms.
- Let rise in a lightly greased bowl for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Fill a medium-size saucepan with water and stir in baking soda. Bring to a boil.
- Pull off walnut-sized pieces of dough. Press a cheddar cheese cube into the center and pinch dough to seal the cheese inside, forming a ball. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Working in batches, put dough balls into boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and place directly onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 500 degrees for about 5 minutes, until dark brown.
- Mix together melted butter and remaining 2 tablespoons of sriracha. Brush over hot pretzel bites.
This recipe first appeared on The Stay At Home Chef on January 15, 2016