Gooey melted cheddar inside a soft and chewy sriracha-flavored pretzel.
This is the kind of recipe that you fall in love with instantly and want to immediately share with all of your spicy-loving friends and family. You get the chewy pretzel bread, the gooey cheese inside, and the spicy sriracha in the dough itself as well as coating the outside. Win, win, win! This is the perfect party food.
Cheddar Stuffed Sriracha Pretzel Bites
- 1¾ cups water, luke-warm
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons sriracha sauce, divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 3 oz cheddar cheese, ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the water, yeast, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce, and flour. Using a dough hook, mix on low until the flour begins to combine. Increase the speed to medium and knead until a dough ball forms.
- Let rise in a lightly greased bowl for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Fill a medium-size saucepan with water and stir in baking soda. Bring to a boil.
- Pull off walnut-sized pieces of dough. Press a cheddar cheese cube into the center and pinch dough to seal the cheese inside, forming a ball. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Working in batches, put dough balls into boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and place directly onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 500 degrees for about 5 minutes, until dark brown.
- Mix together melted butter and remaining 2 tablespoons of sriracha. Brush over hot pretzel bites.