Honey Roasted Smashed Potatoes
- 15 small red potatoes
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Clean the potatoes and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until potatoes can be smashed with a fork. Actual baking time will depend on the size of the potatoes. Larger potatoes take longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter with honey, dijon mustard, salt, and oregano.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Use a fork to smash each potato, as pictured. Pour the butter mixture over the potatoes. Return to the oven and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, giving it a little time to melt and slightly caramelize into the potato.
- Serve hot with juices.
This recipe first appeared on The Stay At Home Chef on May 5, 2015