Oatmeal made with chocolate milk and topped with fresh berries. It’s an easy and delicious breakfast!
I have a nostalgic fondness for TruMoo chocolate milk. On my first date with my now-husband, we capped off the night with some TruMoo chocolate milk poured over cereal. It’s totally cheesey, but that night started my life on a trajectory that has led me to so much happiness. When TruMoo wanted to partner up for a recipe I was thrilled. Today I’m sharing the love with a chocolate milk spin on another traditional breakfast item: oatmeal. My kids (ages 5 and 7) were in love with this breakfast. This new TruMoo Calcium Plus has 50% more calcium than regular non-fat milk so it’s nice to know I’m starting their day out with a little calcium boost they need for those ever-growing bones. The love that brought them into the world all started with a little Trumoo chocolate milk, so it’s also nice to know I’m sending them off on their day with a little extra love.
Check out the short video to see just how easy this breakfast is. Even your kids can make it by themselves!
Berry Chocolate Oatmeal
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¾ cup Tru Moo Chocolate Milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup fresh mixed berries
- Pour oats into a microwave safe bowl.
- Pour chocolate milk over oats. Add in brown sugar.
- Microwave on high for 90-120 seconds.
- Stir to combine. Sprinkle chocolate chips over oatmeal. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes to cool and thicken.
- Serve topped with a mix of fresh berries.
Disclosure: No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST and non-rbST-treated cows.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.