Tasty strips of bacon wrapped with strips of cheese and jalapeño laden puff pastry. These Jalapeno Popper Puff Pastry Twists are sure to become an instant favorite!
What if you could combine all the flavors of jalapeño poppers into a fun new easy to eat appetizer with a little barbecue zing? That was the question on my mind when I went about creating this recipe. This recipe has been a huge success among all my taste testers. In fact, my husband’s co-workers have been patiently waiting with anticipation for this recipe since they were the recipients of many of my test rounds. Judging by what a huge hit this was with them, I’m willing to bet this will be devoured at any party or gathering. Game day anyone?
BBQ Bacon Jalapeño Popper Puff Pastry Twists
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 12 strips bacon
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Gently roll out the puff pastry, adding about 1 inch on each side.
- Spread cream cheese across puff pastry. Sprinkle jalapeño over cream cheese and press in gently so it sticks. Cut into 12 strips.
- Lay a slice of bacon on top of a puff pastry strip. Twist together and put on prepared baking sheet. Place 6 twisted strips onto each baking sheet.
- Brush each twist with barbecue sauce and sprinkle a little cheddar cheese over each one.
- Bake in the preheated oven, 35-40 minutes until bacon is crispy.