Prep Time: 5 minutes
Slow Cooker Time: 8 hours on low
Post Slow Cooker Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
1 (2-3 lb) pork butt roast
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 TB fish sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 large carrots, julienned or shredded
1/4 cup rice vinegar
juice of 1 lime
1 bag tortilla chips
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cucumber, sliced
3 cups fresh cilantro leaves
1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
1. Place the pork butt into a 6 quart slow cooker.
2. Pour in chicken broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, and stir in ginger and garlic
3. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine carrots with rice vinegar. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. When meat is finished, shred pork and stir in lime juice.
6. Lay out chips in the bottom of a heavy, oven-safe skillet. Sprinkle half the cheese over the chips. Spread 1 cup of the meat over the chips and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Put skillet into oven on the broil low setting. Watch closely and remove when cheese is melted.
7. Top with carrot mixture, cucumber slices, cilantro leaves, and jalapeno slices, and serve.