Baked vanilla cake donuts topped with a semi-sweet chocolate glaze and sprinkles. You can’t go wrong with sprinkles!
I might be a little donut-crazed. Some might call me a donut connoisseur. I love making them and I love eating them. I’ve tested dozens of donut recipes so my friends and neighbors have been loving and eating them as well. I may have become a donut delivery man for a brief time there.
These vanilla cake donuts seem to be a lot of people’s favorite. They have a nice cake-like texture, and the perfect balance between the sweet vanilla and semi-sweet chocolate glaze. Add in a some sprinkles and you’ve got a colorful, picture perfect little donut.
These donuts are made in a mini-donut pan. You can make this same recipe in a regular-size donut pan. Just be sure to increase the cooking time.
Watch the video where you can see exactly how I make these donuts. Not only is this a really delicious recipe, it’s also an easy way to include kids in the donut making process. Since these are not fried, it’s safe fun for everyone!
Baked Vanilla Cake Donuts with Chocolate Glaze and Sprinkles
Baked Vanilla Cake Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
Time to Make It
Baked vanilla cake donuts topped with a semi-sweet chocolate glaze and sprinkles. You can't go wrong with sprinkles!
Author: Rachel Farnsworth
Yield: 24 mini donuts
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a mini-donut pan.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in egg, milk, and melted butter until combined.
- Transfer batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large circular tip. Pipe dough into donut molds, filling about ½ or ⅔ full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a small bowl. Add in water and stir until combined. Spread several tablespoons of sprinkles out on a small plate.
- Remove from oven and remove donuts from pan. Dip the tops of the donut into the glaze and then into the sprinkles. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
You may also like:
|Homemade Mexican Churros with Video Recipe|
|Quick and Easy Nutella Mousse|
|Baked Chocolate Donuts with Mint Chocolate Frosting
This recipe first appeared on The Stay At Home Chef on July 18, 2014.