Tasty, light, and totally delicious would define this 15 Minute Easy Pasta Fresca. Give yourself an easy pasta for dinner that’s full of veggies!
This Pasta Fresca is nice and light and tasty to boot. It is a great low-cal pasta option, and even sneaks in healthy stuff like spinach and tomatoes. It is super easy to make at home and guess what? It is a 15 minute meal. I’m serious. It literally takes me 15 minutes to make this, start to finish. Start your water boiling for your pasta, prep your onions, mushrooms, garlic, spinach, and tomatoes, boil your pasta while you saute your veggies, combine and serve. Pretty tasty!
Watch the video to see just how easy it is to make this tasty pasta!
15 Minute Easy Pasta Fresca
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 (8 oz) package mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups fresh spinach, rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese for topping
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Cook penne pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in onions and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the minced garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add in the vinegars. It'll sizzle like crazy and reduce rather quickly.
- By this time your pasta should be done and drained. Turn off the heat and add in the cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes and spinach. Stir to coat the noodles and continue until the spinach begins to wilt. It should only take a minute or two. Taste, and season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta on top and serve.